Friday, December 16, 2011

Implementing a Lean Process

Based on our discussion in class today, implement and document a quality improvement process to the project/situation in which you performed a 5S process. This implementation must be based on the muda listed on the lean manufacturing wiki site. (note: there are several additional more modern types that you could utilize if need be)

For the documentation, list/describe the waste you have identified and explain the process change you have implemented. Either collect some data that demonstrate your improvement, or realistically estimate the effect that your improvement will have on your process.

 I discovered I waste more time later trying to organize all the mess that accumulates, if I sort and put away my clothes right after they are washed and dried then no mess seems to build. Also when I got home and come back I need to take the time as soon as I get home to put my things back where they belong or they will sit where I put them until I eventually have enough time to get to putting them away. I estimate doing this will eliminate time lost spending organizing later on or time I spend going through my belongings trying to find the intended article of clothing. Overall this has eliminated some waste and will save me more time in the long run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment